Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wish I could hold back time.

Wow, another month has flown by and I can't believe we are heading into September. I am still trying to catch up on all of my August plans...which mostly include cleaning the house. I feel like I only clean the first layer of grime every time I get a chance to clean. Which, if you have kids, basically includes putting toys and clutter away, running a vaccuum once a week, and wiping counters down as you brush your teeth. Oh why oh why can't I be stinkin' rich and have a maid? I'd be a much happier (and cleaner) person.
So it goes like this: By the time we get the kids up and ready, get ourselved ready and head out of the door, it is time to pick them up again and get the evening chaos started. Now, if you know my sweet Nathan, he turns into a pumpkin by about 7pm. So it's a mad rush to get home, get dinner started, get him fed and cleaned up (cause he can't wait until our dinner time), get dinner for the rest of us done, then rush him up to bed while we get Devon to get ready for dinner. After we eat and get the dishes into the dishwasher, it's time to get Devon washed and ready for bed. So then, we finish cleaning up the dinner dishes and get last minute work things tied up and then we fall into bed exhausted, usually around 11:00pm. The morning alarm rings and we start this whole madness again! So now you know what we've been up to for the past 4 years...and why we live in a layer of grime. What about the weekend you say? Well here is what our weekends have been full of:
Hanging out at the zoo with friends,

Hanging out at the beach with friends,

Finding time to get gorgeous (see what I mean about layer of grime...check out my inbox in the background - sigh),


And hanging out with family in my parent's air-condition-less house (HOT),


Though I complain about the time I need to keep up my wifely/motherly/housekeeping duties, you can see by these pictures that I'd rather spend it hanging out with my kids and hubby doing things that make us a family....the housework will always be there...unless by some miracle I hit the lottery. THEN I'm getting a maid!

See you all in September.

No comments: